Monday, May 5, 2014

He's Got Your Eyes

So the wife and I got more things done in G's room.  We finally decided to go through the closet that's in his room.  It was mostly used to store all the holiday stuff we had like the Christmas tree and 3 bins of various ornaments, winter house decor and the Hanukkah stuff.  And a bunch of other random crap we never used.  We went through and organized some things around, got rid of a bunch of stuff and were able to make room in there so we will be able to actually hang stuff in there!

My wife also made this really cute ribbon wreath to hang on the front of his door.  I helped by painting the wooden "G".  I'm so crafty!



As the weeks go by, of course my wife's belly is growing.  Its SO cool to see and its really amazing how the human body works.  I've been able to feel and see G kick several times which is awesome!  But because of the growing belly, when ever we go out, of course people ask about the pregnancy.  Which is wonderful and I don't mind at all.  But there are a couple things I do worry about sometimes.  And how I'm gonna deal with it down the road.

Sometimes when strangers see a pregnant lady its like they turn in to "know-it-all" vultures that insist on telling us "the right thing" to do with the baby or during the pregnancy or whatever.  Or they are the "I love ALL the babies!" people and literally rub her belly.  I mean really?!  I'm sure it bothers her more than it does me.  But what worries me sometimes is if they do the "Who will the baby look more like the mom or the dad?" game.  It hasn't really happened yet.  We did have an acquaintance say that our baby is going to look so cute because of us.  They don't know I'm trans.  and of course strangers don't know I'm trans either.  And I know this is just something people do.  But I do worry sometimes that we will be out with our newborn and people will say to me, "Oh, he has your eyes." or whatever.  Does that bother me?  A little.

But when that does happen, I feel I'll just say, "Thank you", smile, and move along.  In the end its all about how happy and grateful I am to be G's father.  No.  Matter.  What. 

2 comments:

  1. First off I just want to say that it is awesome that you are doing this blog, its good to see if from a similar perspective. Second, I know how you feel when it comes to the "who is the baby going to look like" thing. Its been a concern of mine for a while and I havent even made it to that step yet. But honestly in the end that baby would be mine regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacob for being apart of this blog. And yes the child will be yours. No.Matter.What. :) Another thing I hope to do maybe one day is to connect with others in the same boat. (And I have so far!) I'd love to be able to connect with others in the area too. Play dates and such! Maybe one day! Knowing you aren't alone is very nice.

      Delete