Friday, April 25, 2014

To Blog or Not To Blog...

To blog or not to blog about my life as a father. This has been something I’ve been thinking about for some time.

There are billions of blogs out in the interwebs. Lots of blogs about being a parent, mainly mothers. There are even quite a few blogs that are written by fathers. But as I kept searching and searching and I found very few blogs written by transgender parents. This is when I started to ask myself, should I try to do a blog about life as a trans-parent? Not that I feel there are any differences in cis-gender parents versus trans-parents. But do I really want to put myself out there? As of right now, I guess I do. But we shall see how far it goes.

My wife is due in August. She has been amazing and wonderful. It was a long process for us to get pregnant, but once “the eagle landed” it was of course all well worth it. So many thoughts trample my brain. And it honestly feels like it was only a few weeks ago that we both fell to our knees with tears of joy in our eyes when we saw “YES” on the pregnancy test.

My son isn’t even born yet and there are some things that I wonder about. Things I’m not even sure cis-gender parents even question . From silly things like, “How will I teach him how to pee standing up? I don’t even pee standing up!!” Or more complicated things like, “If/when should I tell him that I was born female?” Or “That he was conceived from a donor.”

I don’t plan on this blog being a “How to” type thing. I guess as of right now, it’s more about my thoughts on being a parent. Which might be slightly different from the “average” man. I guess this is my small introductory post.

Hi, I’m Marc and I’m a transdad to-be. Welcome to my blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment