Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Time for an update

Well it's been almost a month since the last time I've updated...womp womp.

#ivebeenaslacker

I feel like I've been crazy busy.  Things however are going pretty well.  G's room is starting to come together.  Right now its still kind of a mess due to the stuff we are getting so there are some boxes laying around but overall things are good.  I've manage to get some things up on the wall.

Our latest addition is this awesome owl clock I found at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It fits perfectly.
His crib is also coming together nicely.  We threw some random things in there right now only because we haven't decided on where some of this stuff will go yet.  We need to get a some more shelving and possibly put up some of the stuffed animals and the books there.

These colors really made me feel relaxed and calm.  Hopefully it does the same for G!
Two weekends ago we have a little baby shower that Jen's mom did for us while we were in Maryland.  It was really nice and sweet.  We got to see some people we haven't seen in a long while and she did a great job with decorations and everything.  It was nursery rhyme themed and it was so adorable. 

And this past Saturday we had one here in Charlottesville.  Three of our friends got together and put together a great baby shower as well.  It was a Broadway themed shower and the invitations that were went out looked like Playbills.  It was great to see everyone there that supported us.  After we opened up presents I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciated that they were there.  Jen and I invited the new local friends (and some closer family/friends that were near by) we made here that were always 100% supportive of our journey and this new chapter in our lives.  I may or may not have almost ugly cried while trying to say thank you.  These baby showers have really made things sink in.  G is almost here!!  I can't wait to meet this kid. 

In other news, Jen and I have both agreed that once G is born we will add him to the donor sibling registry.  We think it would be great to find other people that used the same donor we did and to have the kids be connected.  I think it will be great for G to meet and be able to connect with other kids that are also in his situation.  As I was looking online I decided to look on Facebook for the cryobank we used.  As I'm looking on the page I see all these happy stories and I start to see people post up which donor they used and asking if others have used the same donor.  People normally ask to see if they were successful in getting pregnant with that particular donor.  Well... as I was about to navigate away from that page I see someone ask if they had used Donor ####.  This was our donor!  Someone then commented and said they did and they were pregnant!  I immediately begin to go into Facebook stalking mode and messaged one of the mothers (They were a lesbian coupe).  I told her that we used the same donor and didn't know if she wanted to connect.  I know some people don't want to connect and that is perfectly okay! But I'll never know if I don't ask.  I'm not even sure she will even see my message since we don't have any Facebook friends in common it goes into the (Other) folder and she isn't notified.  We shall see.  I was able to see pictures of her beautiful new baby boy with a little "stalking" (Gosh the Internet is scary sometimes I guess ha ha).  And that was kind of neat to see.  It was great to maybe see some of the facial feature that G might have as well!  I'm sure our kids will look similar.

Also in other news because I've been a slacker in updating....  We've also started our baby classes.  We have 2 more classes to go.  That is another thing that is making this oh so real.  I think the biggest thing for me that I am a little scared/stressed about is the actual birth.  I'm pretty sure Jen is worried more about it than I am, rightfully so!  But what gets me is that while Jen is going into labor and giving birth, and she and her body are doing this miraculous thing... what the hell am I doing?!  She will be in pain and working her ass off giving birth... and there is pretty much nothing I can do to help.  I mean I know I will be helping her by being with her, supporting her, and doing whatever she needs to be comfortable.  But as someone who just wants to fix things in an instant... I think this will be hard for me.  Because I just can't fix whatever pain she is in.  That is all out of my control.  And that scares me. I'm sure these are all things most fathers feel.  But its also something I never really took into consideration before. 

I have much appreciation for the female body and what it goes through during a pregnancy.  Its amazing!  My therapist was telling me how he felt a little jealous while his wife was pregnant with his kids.  Because he would never be able to experience what she was feeling.  I told him I thought that was kind of odd. ha ha.  I mean, maybe its because my body is capable of doing those things.  However, the thought of it makes me cringe. 

I guess this is the jist of what has been happening the past month or so.  I'll try not to wait another month before I do another post.

#illtrynottobeaslackerthistime


No comments:

Post a Comment